AMBIENT AIR: AN EQUALLY IMPORTANT ELEMENT
Being aware of one’s environment at all times means being able to measure and analyze ambient air around the plant or community. With Consulair, you can do all of this with the utmost precision—remotely.
AMBIENT AIR SAMPLING CAMPAIGN
Ambient air sampling, from the implementation of a sampler to the provision of a complete air quality monitoring station, for data collection to address the client’s particular issues and requirements. Sampling methodologies used can be sequential (particulates, PHAs, metals, etc.) and/or instrumental (using automated analyzers). Meteorological sensors equipped with acquisition stations can also be used (wind speed and direction, temperature, pressure, etc.) to complete the instrumentation for interpretation purposes.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS & APPLICABLE REGULATIONS
Data processing, validation, interpretation based on potential sources and meteorology. Drafting of summary reports or study reports tailored to the client’s needs (weekly, monthly, annually, etc.).
REMOTE DATA ACQUISITION AND TRANSFER SYSTEMS
Turnkey management of client data, from acquisition to the implementation of air quality data. Implementation and rental of remote data acquisition and transfer systems to communicate with the analyzers. Possibility of integrating the sampling station into Consulair’s monitoring system.
Remote monitoring of client devices: routine monitoring of devices (daily, weekly, and/or monthly), production of monitoring scorecards, monitoring and management of alarms and failures. Performance reports (monthly, yearly or other periods).
AMBIENT AIR EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE
Regular, preventive or curative maintenance of ambient air continuous samplers and analyzers by a multidisciplinary team. Whether your equipment is used for sampling airborne particles (low-, average- or high-volume samplers) or for gas analyzers (nitrogen oxides, sulphur dioxide, ozone, carbon monoxide, etc.)
ON-SITE CONTINUOUS CALIBRATION OF ANALYZERS OR SAMPLERS
On-site interventions using calibrated test equipment connected to the International System for regular sampling or after any device repair (gas dilution system, calibration cylinders, flowmeters, etc.) and the corresponding calibration report. We can intervene on-site or in our metrology laboratory, as needed.
QUALITY ASSURANCE AND CONTROL (QA/QC) PROCESSES RELATED TO EQUIPMENT OR AMBIENT AIR MONITORING STATIONS
We develop a QA/QC procedure protocol for ambient air activities according to the government-approved guidelines of agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) or Environment Canada to ensure that all equipment operates properly and generates accurate, complete data. This is made possible through the implementation of a comprehensive quality assurance and control (QA/QC) program that covers operations, maintenance, repair and calibration.
EXTERNAL AUDITOR FOR AIR QUALITY MONITORING ACTIVITIES (QA/QC MONITORING)
Our Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) audit services cover every step of your sampling campaigns, as well as management of their air quality monitoring stations. We can also draft audit protocols based on client needs and perform pre-audits to ensure compliance with CEAEQ and Environment Canada guidelines
RENTAL OF AMBIENT AIR QUALITY MONITORING AND METEOROLOGY EQUIPMENT
We offer equipment rental service on a short, medium, or long-term basis (particle samplers, gas analyzers, and meteorological stations).
SALE, MANUFACTURING & SUPPLY OF MONITORING STATIONS
Consulair has the expertise and the resources to handle your turnkey projects when it comes to supplying equipment, from a modest piece of equipment to the complete implementation of a fully equipped mobile laboratory, depending on the client’s needs and in conformance with Environment Canada guidelines.
TRAINING & EDUCATION
Knowledge transfer for effective management of ambient air sampling operations, including how to use specific equipment (analyzer or sampler) or an air quality monitoring station.
• Short- or long-term rental of gas or particle analyzers.
• Monitoring of air quality analyzers (gas, particles) or samplers from all brands, in conformance with the manufacturer’s operations manual and required quality assurance programs (client, MDDELCC, Environment Canada).
• Preventive or curative maintenance, calibration.
• Intervention on-site or in our metrological laboratory.
• Installation: implementation and commissioning or air quality analyzers (gas, particles) or sampler on client’s site.
• Production of installation and calibration reports.
• Remote monitoring of client devices: routine monitoring of devices (daily, weekly, and/or monthly), production of monitoring scorecards, monitoring and management of alarms and failures.
• Implementation of remote communications systems.
• Production of performance reports.
• Reports: data processing, validation, interpretation based on sources and metrology.
• Drafting summary reports or study reports tailored to the client’s needs (weekly, monthly, annually, etc.).
• Audits: drafting of audit protocols according to the client’s needs.
• Performance of pre-audits to ensure compliance with CEAEQ and Environment Canada guidelines.